BLOUBERGRANT High School
TEL: (021) 557-
Term 2 – Newsletter No. 7 – 3 June 2021
(021) 557- 6043
F2E: 086 518 7196
VALUES OF BLOUBERGRANT
DISCIPLINE ; RESPONSIBILITY ; PUNCTUALITY ; RESPECT ; INTEGRITY
SLOGAN FOR 2021
“Purveyors of Quality Education”
2 June 2021
Dear Parents / Guardians
I trust that all parents and their families are well.
“The best way to predict your future is to create it”
– Abrham Lincoln
Welcome back to Mrs. D. Small who started on 3 May 2021, as well as Mrs. R. Marks, who started on today, 2 June 2021. Both educators were on maternity leave, and gave birth to two beautiful boys respectively.
We wish to thank Ms. R. Alexander and Mr. S. Carolissen, who substituted for these two educators.
Mrs. M. Cloete is on maternity leave, and the birth of her 1st born is eminent.
Sadly, Mr. A. Cloete [no relation to Mrs. M. Cloete], has tendered his resignation with effect from the end of Term 2. I wish to thank Mr. A. Cloete for the value which he had added to the education of our learners, and for enriching the BHS family in general. We wish him well as he spreads his wings in the private sector.
GRADE 10, 11 & 12 INTERVENTION MEETINGS
Gr. 10 -12 Parents and learners must please take note of the arrangements for the intervention meeting, which will take place from 15:30 till 17:45 on Thursday, 3 June 2021.
1. Gr. 10, 11 & 12 learners need to attend the meeting with their parents, dressed in winter uniform (no civvies).
2. Parents will collect reports from the Phase Head, Mrs. T. Pedro. Parents will sign for receipt of the report, and then proceed to the different venues.
3. Grade 10 : Media Centre Grade 11: Mr Goldstone’s class Grade 12: Mrs Moyo’s class
4. The panel of each grade will consist of the grade head and the class tutors of the specific grade.
5. the Panel will discuss your son/daughter’s Term 1 results, and give further evidence in the form of eg. attendance registers, notebooks, portfolios, times and dates of extra intervention lessons.
6. The Panel will require that the parents sign the intervention report after the discussion.
7. Parents will be given the opportunity to tell panel what measures they will put in place to ensure improvement from the home front
8. Time allowed per learner = [Maximum!] of 10 minutes. Bell will ring and next person must be seated.
10. Regret no babies/small children allowed.
BALLS AT SCHOOL
The district Office had instructed all schools to ban the playing of all games involving balss, with immediate effect, in line with lockdown level 2 restrictions. Hence all balls are banned from Thursday, 3 June 2021. Balls which are brought to school, will be confiscated, and not returned at all to the owners.
We understand that our learners have the urge to exercise and play soccer/rugby during breaks, but for now, let us rather be safe than sorry.
TOP TEN FET ACHIEVERS
Congratulations to all our learners who achieved in Term 1, but especially to our Top 10 learners. You have made your parents and the school proud with your excellent results. Keep up the good work.
PARENTS ARE REQUESTED TO BRING THEIR OWN PENS DUE TO COVID
9. Please note that the staff will only start the discussions at 15:30, and not before that. Please do not arrive before that time, as nobody will be available to assist.
Gr. 10 TOP TEN ACHIEVERS FOR TERM 1 2021
10A 73.04 10A 72.85 10A 71.11 10C 71.00 10A 66.11 10B 66.08 10E 66.07 10B 65.85 10C 65.84 10D 65.41 10B 64.33
1 DYLAN MUSEKIWA
2 TRINITY CHIHANGA
3 JEREMY KABEYA
4 CHRISMA DIBWE
5 LIHLE NOMPUMZA
5 NOMAPHELO MENEMENE
6 BEVERLEY NKASHA
7 EMAUEL SALAKIAKU
8 ESONA DYOMFANA
9 VALERIE CHASI
10 CHELSEA ADAMS
11A 11A 11B 11A 11A 11A 11B 11A 11A 11A 11D
88.24 85.47 81.86 81.12 80.90 80.16 78.82 78.82 74.14 71.43 71.02
90.72 82.04 79.16 75.36 73.88 73.56 73.49 73.37 73.29 72.30
Gr. 11 TOP TEN ACHIEVERS FOR TERM 1 2021
1 AKHONA KATO
2 ANDISIWE DIPA
3 MELISSA KITWANGA
4 MAKANAKA CHAULUKA
5 EVIWE MTSOLONGO
6 ASHLEIGH SAWULI
7 YUNSEO CHANG
7 TANIA TWANGU
8 RUMBIDZAI MOYO
9 SIPHENAMHLA NYOKA
10 SABRINE NGOMBUA
Gr. 12 TOP TEN ACHIEVERS FOR TERM 1 2021
12A 12A 12B 12B 12A 12A 12B 12A 12A 12C
1 MUHAIMIN KHAN
2 KIARA MUNYIKW A
3 MICKAYLIN BOTHA
4 TAKUDZWA DODZO
5 UHONE MAHUMELE
6 LIYEMA ZITO
7 CHIYELO NIKITA
8 TAWANANYASHA MBIBA
9 MBONGINKOSI SHIPALANA
10 VAN ROYEN MAMBEU
The Bursar has asked that parents please insert their child’s name and grade as
number, when making an eft payment. Often parents query payments, which does not appear on their statements, and then it is found that a deposit was made without a reference number. In such a case, the Bursar is not able to allocate the payment to the right account. The bursar can be contacted via email at email@example.com
DROPPING OFF OF LEANERS
I am appealing to parents to not stop in the driveway when they come to drop of their child in the mornings. Please also be vigilant that other parents whose children are at the day care directly opposite our school, also come at more or less the same time. This morning we had an incident where the one parent reversed into the vehicle of one of our own parents.
I am in the process of applying to the City of Cape Town to install embayments on either side of our driveway, where learners could be dropped off, or picked up.
__________________________ Malcolm H.S. Pedro Headmaster
SCHOOL CONTACT DETAILS
TEL ; 021-5576390
EMAIL: HEADMASTER: Malcolm.Pedro@wcgshools.gov.za SECRETARY: Audra.Botha@wcgschools.gov.za
SCHOOL: Bloubergrant.Sec@wcgschools.gov.za BURSAR: firstname.lastname@example.org STAFF: initial & email@example.com WEBSITE: http://www.bloubergranthigh.co.za Please follow us on: